The “Richvale Church Kids” are a vital part of our worshiping community. They continue to be a sign of God’s renewing work in our church. We are grateful for our dedicated and experienced teaching staff for all ages, nursery through high school. Our goal is to bring children into a personal relationship with God through Christ and then to help them mature into His dedicated disciples. We continually teach the nature and character of God as well as the gospel of Jesus Christ through scripture memorization, songs and lesson plans Our teachers are using the following guidelines as ” benchmarks” during the school year, but we always encourage parents’ help in accomplishing them. They are as follows:
Nursery: God loves me. I like church.
Pre-K – Kindergarten:
- God loves me and Jesus died for me so I can have a relationship with Him. (Memorize John 3:16)
- The importance of loving others. (Memorize Matthew 22:39)
- Memorize the 10 Commandments using the song.
- Knowing the difference between the Old and the New Testament.
- How to find something in the Bible. (use of the book index, etc.)
- The Lord’s Prayer. (Matthew 6:9-13)
- Know the Books of the Bible.
- The Fruit of the Spirit. (Memorize Galatians 5:22-23
- Learn the importance of giving and service. (Practical service project)
- Know and understand the Apostles Creed.
- Know the major parables.
- What does it mean to be a Christian and how does that affect the way I live?
- Participate in a mission project.
- Characteristics of love. (Memorize 1 Corinthians 13)